Name:

Hi! My name is Kari and I am a Stay-at-Home wife and mother. I have 1 daughter for now and am constantly struggling to make my new lifestyle work for me.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Deep? Thoughts

Hubby told me today that he likes to read my blog because he gets a chance to see what I am thinking about on any particular day, which begs the question – What do I think about each day? Well, it goes something like this (In chronological order):
1) God, is it really 6:00 already?
2) Maybe if I just hit the snooze once, zzzzzzzzz
3) ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz…
4) (Bang, BANG, Bang) HUH? (Me now sitting straight up in bed.) Oh, it’s just Hubby getting ready for work. Could he BE any louder? He’s going to wake the baby. (followed by some words that we probably don’t need to see here.)
5) God, I am tired.
6) Hmmm, Do I really need to go to Jazzercise today?
7) (after stepping on scale) – YES
8) I wonder when the Button is going to wake up.
9) Do I have time to eat breakfast before she wakes up?
10) Oh crap – she is awake and I am only half dressed without eating breakfast. Oh well…
11) (At Jazzercise – after probably swearing at many cars on the drive, which I probably shouldn’t write about) Pant, Pant, Pant… when is this going to be over…Think swimsuit…Pant, Pant, Pant.
12) I wonder if the Button is going to take her nap today.
13) I hope so – I would really like to drink some coffee in peace.
14) (Button falls asleep on the drive home from Jazzercise) - - hear that – it is complete silence. What should I do? Should I finish cleaning the kitchen? Do some laundry? Drink my coffee? Read a book?
15) Reading sounds good…
16) (Five minutes later – after just sitting down with a book and my coffee) Oh crap – is the Button awake already? – maybe she will go back to sleep if I ignore her for a minute….
17) Nope – that is her “getting worked up cry” – Crap – I had better go see if she will go back to sleep.
18) Nope, maybe she wants to play in her walker.
19) Nope, maybe she wants to sit on the floor.
20) Nope, maybe she is hungry.
21) Nope, maybe she wants to watch Max (our dog).
22) Nope, maybe she just wants me to hold her so that she can finish her nap.
23) Nope, maybe she wants me to stand on my head and dance a jig for entertainment, Oh yes, she is laugh- Oh,
24) Nope, God, how long til Hubby gets home from work?
25) 8 Hours? Crap!
26) Is today Wednesday? (Because on Wednesday my mother in law comes and watches Button while I run errands or whatever).
27) Nope.
28) (Sound of guzzling coffee).

And that concludes my morning thoughts (with only slight variations).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you may drink too much coffee!!

I think you may be too hard on your husband, since I bet he gets ready in the dark.

Seriously, remember that the Button loves you so much and just wants to be with you. When she crys it is because she can't stand the thought of not being near to her hero and the love of her life.

Hang in there!!

5/11/2006 11:27 AM  
Blogger Kari said...

Thanks, Honey.

5/11/2006 12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home