Name:

Hi! My name is Kari and I am a Stay-at-Home wife and mother. I have 1 daughter for now and am constantly struggling to make my new lifestyle work for me.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Vacation

Sorry for the delay in getting this post out. We are leaving for vacation on Thursday and Hubby decided that the basement needed to be "de-crappified". Yes, that is his word. Basically it means that we took all the boxes out of our closet, put them on the floor and sorted through all of them. That means that I actually had to throw out those old clothes that I thought I might actually fit into at some point in my life. I have decided that not only is it unlikely that I will ever fit into those clothes, but why would I want to? Some of those clothes are 10 years old, and probably slightly out of style. Besides, it gives me a chance to go out and find some new cute clothes. This is what our basement looked like during the "de-crappifying":




And after:



So, as you can see, we have been busy. We have a little left, but what an improvement!

I have also almost finished the nursery. I only have to make the slipcover for the rocker which shouldn't take too long. I absolutely LOVE how it looks. It is soooo cute and organized. Anyway, I will post pictures, but not until next week since we will be on vacation until then.

We are going to Colorado on vacation Thursday thru Monday. We will be driving 10 hours with a 7 month old. We are trying to figure out the best way to go about this drive without completely losing our minds. Do we leave really early in the morning and stop for breakfast around the time she would normally be getting up? Do we leave at a normal time and stop half way for lunch? I don't know. I will keep you updated on how things go. Tomorrow I need to find some more shorts and jeans and t-shirts to take along. I HATE shopping for things to go on the bottom of my body. Oh well, it should be interesting with a 7 month-old in tow as Hubby has lots to do what with starting a new job in 3 weeks. Oh, didn't I tell you - HE GOT THE JOB!!! So, until next week...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Beth said...

Try ebaying some stuff! It's fun. Just don't tell your friends and family your ebay ID. They might see things they gave you!

5/30/2006 12:59 PM  
Anonymous Beth said...

Oops. Sorry. I guess you can't now.

5/31/2006 6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home