Name:

Hi! My name is Kari and I am a Stay-at-Home wife and mother. I have 1 daughter for now and am constantly struggling to make my new lifestyle work for me.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Pink Lines

So I found out a couple of weeks ago that I am pregnant again. I say "again" like this is more than just my second pregnancy. I don't know why I have such mixed feelings about this. I mean, we were kind of trying to get pregnant, but seriously, this was the first month we were trying! We thought it would take awhile and in the mean time, I was going to be done nursing and able to enjoy having my body to myself again, but no. That was not to be. I found out I was pregnant the week my daughter turned 1. The week that I was going to stop nursing, maybe... The week that I was going to get serious about losing my baby weight. The week that I had always assumed would be the time that I would stop feeling so tired and the week in which I thought I would have everything figured out. Also, incidently the week that I started going back to school to get an education degree. Oh yes, that week also includes our wedding anniversary and my hubby's birthday. Big week! But what was I doing at the beginning of that week? Waiting for 2 pink lines.

I am going to have a 20 month old and a newborn. I am going to have 2 babies in diapers. What am I thinking? How can I possibly do night feedings and then wake up after intermittant sleep to run after a toddler? Am I going to truly enjoy Button's toddler years, or will I be too tired and nauseous to appreciate all of the new things she is learning?

What am I thinking? I am truly blessed to have 2 healthy children. Both of my children will be lucky to have siblings so close in age that they will be able to play with each other and protect each other. They will always have a "built-in" friend on which they will always be able to rely. They will be in school together - probably only a year apart. Part of me wants to have another girl so that Button can have a sister, which is something that I always wanted and never had. Part of me wants a boy that will protect Button from everyone - especially other boys.

Isn't it funny how much your life can change in the span of 3 minutes and by the sight of just two small pink lines?

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Congratulations! What wonderful and surprising news. When I found out I was pregnant with my third, I realized that my babies would only be 15 months apart and freaked out. But it was easier than I imagined and there are many, many positives in having siblings so close in age. May you have a happy and healthy 9 months!
www.momtourage.typepad.com

11/09/2006 11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home